[afnog] Spamassassin warning

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Mon Nov 14 21:49:10 EAT 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 02:34:36PM +0300, Kenneth Kabagambe wrote:
> An excellent alternative to spamassassin is dspam
> (http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/) whose
> design addresses most of the issues Geert raises.

	I have also had the "oscillating load" issue.

	In particular because spamassassin uses perl it is much more
resource intensive than some alternatives, such as dspam, bogofilter, etc.
So the suggestion to try dspam is a good one. It is (in my experience)
_very_ efficient (and effective) at trapping spam - though a bit more difficult
to configure.

	Austin