[afnog] IX in Ghana

Ayitey Bulley abulley at ghana.com
Fri May 27 21:15:28 EAT 2005

Hi,

This is to announce that we have successfully set up an Internet Exchange
Point (IXP) in Ghana. Currently Network Computer Systems Ltd. and GT-Net Ghana
Telecom's ISP are the two ISPs exchanging traffic.

I will like to say thanks to all those who helped in getting us to
this stage in setup of the IX.

Special thanks to:
- NSRC and the University of Oregon (who donated the IX Equipment)
- Philip Smith (Cisco Phil) and Geert Jan de Groot (GJ) for assisting in
  troubleshooting BGP problems
- Management of NCS and GT for their cooperation.

regards
Emmanuel Odoom & Ayitey Bulley