[afnog] Fetchmail/Exim Problem - saga continues!

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri May 20 15:58:53 EAT 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 03:33:57PM +0300, Banoba Ezra wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 13:15 +0100, Brian Candler wrote:
>

> > Sounds to me like you are still running a sendmail daemon.
> >
> > Try 'telnet x.x.x.x 25' and show us what banner you receive.
> >

> It actually is exim:
>
> ebans at ebans:~> telnet kulika.one2net.co.ug 25

Sorry, I confused 62.73.190.76 as the remote POP3 server.

What happens if you send remote mail to 'joanna at kulika.one2net.co.ug'? If
it's delivered to the right place, then you know that works. If not, then
you can look in the exim log file to see what's happening.

If this is just a problem with running fetchmail: then run fetchmail with
the -v flag. Also, look in the exim log file to see what's happening.

Also, check the system hostname (type "hostname"). This is probably what
will be appended to the local name to make the SMTP recipient.

You may find that fetchmail is submitting the mail as

    RCPT TO:<joanna at localhost>

or something like that, in which case your mysql virtual users are being
skipped.