[afnog] Fetchmail/Exim Problem

Patrick J Okui pokui at psg.com
Tue May 17 18:11:06 EAT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Julius Kidubuka wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:58:09 +0300 (EAT)
> From: Julius Kidubuka <juki at one2net.co.ug>
> To: sematin at mtn.co.ug
> Cc: afnog at afnog.org
> Subject: Re: [afnog] Fetchmail/Exim Problem
>
>> From this I would glean that Exim gets information for where to find the
>> user's mailbox from the mysql database?
>>
>> If so please post the relevant parts of the exim config
>
> # uname() function is called to obtain the name. In many cases this does
> # the right thing and you need not set anything explicitly.
>
> primary_hostname =  kulika.one2net.co.ug
>

> # The next three settings create two lists of domains and one list of hosts.
> # These lists are referred to later in this configuration using the syntax
> # +local_domains, +relay_to_domains, and +relay_from_hosts, respectively.
> They
> # are all colon-separated lists:
>
> domainlist local_domains = @ : kulika.one2net.co.ug
> domainlist relay_to_domains =  kulika.org
> hostlist   relay_from_hosts = x.x.x.x/24 : x.x.x.x/24

This doesn't tell us how exim decides where to put mail destined
for say pokui at kulika.one2net.co.ug (assuming such a user
existed).

What would be "relevant" is the router that includes the mysql
query as well as the respective transport from your config.

>From the looks of your database layout, you wouldn't happen to be
folowing the howto on
http://tty1.net/virtual_domains_en.htmlhttp://tty1.net/virtual_domains_en.html
in which case we'd need al your virtualuser: and other similar
sections.

Posting the output of exim -bt user at kulika.one2net.co.ug
(probably with a -d for extra noise) as Brian suggested helps us
know what router(s) and transport it picked.

--
patrick