[afnog] help wtih Linnet

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri May 13 10:54:11 EAT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:11:21AM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Friday 13 May 2005 00:16, Sunday Folayan wrote:
> > > I fear my current task is integration of Linnet into
> > > a closed provisioning system.
> >
> > Why not then open up what is closed? Maybe I would be
> > quite tempted to help.
>
> Company policy, you know how it is :-\.

Oh, if it's your *own* closed provisioning system, then life should be
pretty easy.

Your choice of:

(1) Extract your accounts periodically into a flat file in userdb format,
get the client machines to pull it across using rsync, and do a 'linnet
mkdb' afterwards

(2) Write a provisioning module for your system which inserts/modifies/
deletes records in an LDAP database.

(The second is probably a bit more 'real time', and the first is probably
the easiest to implement)

I need to write some notes on this for the Linnet handbook - as well as
notes on mailbox migration, building and managing LDAP databases, and lots
of other things.