[afnog] Re: Thanks for the guidance?

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu May 12 22:42:52 EAT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:25:56AM +0100, Frank Kuse Atimako wrote:
> HiBrain,
>
> Thanks so much for the help and i'm really looking forward for more help
> expecially as i'm now trying to manage my users account with the mysql
> database. I want to also do the ldap option for practice and i will be more
> that grateful if you can give me some sites where i can get guidance for the
> configuration section.
> Thanks a million in advance and have a nice day.

Your first port of call for Exim configuration is www.exim.org As well as
the Exim specification (included as doc/spec.txt in the Exim source bundle)
there is also a FAQ and a huge number of sample configurations.

You can also download these separately via FTP:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/config.samples.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/FAQ.txt.gz

Then there are the mailing list archives.

LDAP is a bit more tricky. I wrote some notes several years ago, but I think
they should still be reasonably relevant:
http://pobox.com/~b.candler/doc/ldap/

Incidentally, please can you check your mailer when replying, so that you
remember to reply to the mailing list, rather than just to me personally.