[afnog] help with ACID installation

Ayitey Bulley abulley at ghana.com
Wed May 11 19:21:10 EAT 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 02:13 pm, Sergio Carrilho wrote:
>  > Hmmh, you might need to specify the port number, 3306.
>
>  nope. gives my the same error:
>
>  "Error (p)connecting to DB : snort at localhost:3306
>
>  Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php
>                 = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the
>  alerts are stored
>                 = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
>                 = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
>                 = $alert_user     : username into the database
>                 = $alert_password : password for the username
>
>  Database ERROR:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>  '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)"

Check the obvious first, do you have the socket in the right place i.e.
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' ?

I have also seen some problems using the later versions of mysql i.e. the
client program trying to connect is an older version than the server itsself.

Check this URL out, http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html

I hope it helps

--Ayitey