[afnog] Clamav Problem

Julius Kidubuka juki at one2net.co.ug
Fri May 6 12:44:58 EAT 2005

Hi all,

I am running a FreeBSD 4.10 RELEASE mail server with clamav, spam assassin
plus all the other mail packages (exim, mysql and co.).

I am having some trouble with clamav, from my exim mainlog and paniclog I
get the following error;

"malware acl condition: clamd: Unable to conncet to UNIX socket /tmp/clamd

I usually TEMPORARILY resolve this by removing /tmp/clamd and then
restarting clamav though I am seeking a permanent solution to this.

A few days ago, I decided I had had enough of this and sought to find a
permanent solution. I did this;

in exim.conf:
av_scanner = clamd:127.0.0.1 3310

in clamav.conf:
outcomment the LocalSocket Param and use this instead:
TCPSocket 3310
TCPAddr 127.0.0.1

then finally restarted clamd and exim.

This did eliminate the previous error(s) but caused me more problems. This
time the problem was with spam assassin with the error as;

"spam acl condition: cannot parse spamd output"

I decided to do away with those changes too.

I have made quite a number of searches about this problem(s) but haven't
found anything conclusive.

Any ideas?

Thx,
Juki.