[afnog] DiG 8.3: "Protocol not supported"?

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Wed May 4 17:09:48 EAT 2005

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response.

      On Wed, 4 May 2005, Brian Candler wrote:
    > My guess is that MYKERNEL1 was built without IPv6 support, but
    > POP.AUG092004 has IPv6. Use 'netstat -rn' to look at the forwarding
    > table, and see if you have IPv6 routes there.

Yeah, you're right:

beg_g at pop:~ > netstat -rn
Routing tables
<snip>
Internet6:
Destination                       Gateway                       Flags
Netif Expire
::1                               ::1                           UH
lo0
fe80::%dc0/64                     link#1                        UC
<snip>

    > Having said that, my 5.4-STABLE box (which has IPv6 removed from the
    > kernel) is OK with this test. Perhaps this was fixed in BIND-9.3.1

Cool...

Thanks!
Gerald.