[afnog] paches for solaris

David Chima david at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Mar 22 16:18:05 EAT 2005

Hello Afnog,
I have a sun spark server that I want to install ciscosecure 2.3(6) running solaris 9.0. When I tried the pkgadd
command to install my ciscosecure, The system told me to download the patches first before I could continue.

I went to http://sunsolve.sun.com to download the patches. After doing that I have tried to install the patches
starting with patch 112542-01 but I get the following error
bash-2.05# ./installpatch .

WARNING: /usr/sbin/patchadd is being used to install this patch.
Installpatch will be removed from Solaris patches in
the next release of Solaris.

New versions of /usr/sbin/patchadd and /usr/sbin/patchrm exist
that provide essential bug fixes and a speed enhancement.
Please install patch 106125 for significant patch
installation improvements.

Checking installed patches...
One or more patch packages included in
106255-01 are not installed on this system.

Patchadd is terminating.
bash-2.05# cd ..

And when I try to install patch 106125 I get
bash-2.05# ./installpatch .

WARNING: /usr/sbin/patchadd is being used to install this patch.

Checking installed patches...
ERROR: This patch requires patch 112542-01
which has not been applied to the system.

Patchadd is terminating.

and patch installing patch 106255-01 I get
bash-2.05# ./installpatch .

WARNING: /usr/sbin/patchadd is being used to install this patch.
Installpatch will be removed from Solaris patches in
the next release of Solaris.

New versions of /usr/sbin/patchadd and /usr/sbin/patchrm exist
that provide essential bug fixes and a speed enhancement.
Please install patch 106125 for significant patch
installation improvements.

Checking installed patches...
One or more patch packages included in
106255-01 are not installed on this system.

Patchadd is terminating.

It looks like a chicken-egg problem here. I need help. I think I am lacking something here. Is there anyone to
help.

Regards

David