[afnog] Mikrotik Router Help

John Gitau JGitau at Safaricom.co.ke
Mon Jun 27 14:50:34 EAT 2005

Please send the entire configuration file. Unless you're sure of where
the problem could be in which case, just sned the relevant bits. Let us
also know the Router OS version.

Are you running NAT behind another NAT'ting device? both address ranges
you mention are not supposed to be on the internet.

To do an export (Router Os 2.7) just make an export file:

[admin at MikroTik]> export file=MyExport

Then ftp to the Mikrotik and pick the file MyExport.rsc, send that to
the list, hopefully we'll be in a position to sort it out.

John Gitau,
Safaricom Ltd. IT
Switchboard: +254(20)427 3272
Direct: +254(20)427 3073
Mobile: +254(724)988 226

E-mail: jgitau 'at' safaricom.co.ke

________________________________

	From: afnog-bounces at afnog.org [mailto:afnog-bounces at afnog.org]
On Behalf Of Wonder Chikohomero
	Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:30 PM
	To: afnog at afnog.org
	Subject: [afnog] Mikrotik Router Help

	I have bought a mikrotik router

	My current network is on 192.168.0.0/16 subnet: 255.255.0.0, I
am running NAT to internet, I have configured my router with
10.10.10.0/24 subnet 255.255.255.0, and Ethernet 1 has 2 ip addresses,
10.0.0.0.1 and 192.168.12.165. From the router I can ping any client on
either networks but when I ping from a client I can not go through to a
different network.

	The routing is dynamic. Please may you help me.

	On the other note I have successfully built a FreeBSD, I had a
problem booting it on a Serial ATA drive, do I need to make any changes.

	Regards,

	Wonderc