[afnog] (no subject)

Richard K Ssekibuule rkayondo at ics.mak.ac.ug
Tue Jun 14 14:06:11 EAT 2005

When --nodeps becomes becomes your friend on a large app like kde, then
you're
in problems!
I have installed kde a couple of times with apt, rpm and tar files on SuSE.
The number of crashes (in some applications) and failed dependencies have
been a big disappoint to me.
I would advice Alfred to upgrade particular applications he's interested in
rather than the whole base system.
Even for single applications, please use tar files to avoid unexpected
problems. Am assuming you don't want to see the kde crash handler greeting
you when you're busy!
My best regards,
Richard.