[afnog] Exim with Ldap and mysql support

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Jun 13 00:28:21 EAT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:59:21PM +0000, Emmanuel Togo wrote:
> Hi all!
> I am trying to build exim with mysql and ldap support on solaris 8 but
> not successful. attached is a sample  with the error. I need help
> libiconv                            rfc2047.o
> libiconv_open                       rfc2047.o

As a guess, it looks like you configured exim to build with iconv support,
but don't have the iconf library.

Try either (a) configuring your Local/Makefile to say don't use iconv, or
(b) building and installing the iconv library first.

> compress
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)
> libiconv_close                      rfc2047.o
> floor
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(password.o)
> uncompress

For compress and uncompress, you could try adding -lz to linker flags
(assuming you have libz installed). For floor, you could try adding -lm (the
standard math library).

HTH,