[afnog] Cant view my certificate

Mukasa Assey Alfred asseym at cfi.co.ug
Sat Jul 2 15:53:01 EAT 2005

I have just finished installing apache with mod_ssl and ipv6 support,

I precisely followed instructions found at
http://ws.afnog.org/afnog2005/e1/apache-ssl-squid/apacheoverview.html
...installing from ports

I even finished setting up my self-signed certificate using the
instructions found in the notes above.

Problem is when i visit http://66.36.231.90, which is my server on which
iam doing the installation, i get the apache welcome page which looks fine
or atleast it is what i expected.

However when i visit https://66.36.231.90 i end up with a "Page cannot be
displayed/ can not find server error!! ( i don't see any certificate at
all!) i dont know what is wrong and i don't have an idea how to start
trouble shooting this!

Anyone has an idea what i could have missed?? or you could point me to
better guidelines to follow in order to archieve the task i have at hand!

thanks,
--assey.