[afnog] Help!!!

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Jan 31 14:55:42 EAT 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 02:44:57PM +0100, Joe Ndidi Onwubuya wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Find below a sample of the TTL
>
> ;
> ; Zone data for domain 'cybaaspace.net'
> ;
> @       IN      SOA     cybaaspace.net. hostmaster.cybaaspace.net.  (
>                                      2005012802 ; Serial
>                                      28800      ; Refresh
>                                      14400      ; Retry
>                                      3600000    ; Expire
>                                      86400 )    ; Minimum
>                IN      NS      ns.cybaaspace.net.
>                IN      NS      ns.skannet.com.
>                IN      NS      ns1.cybaaspace.net.

OK, so you didn't specify any TTL on any of those records. The TTL would go
here:

host      86400     IN     rrtype    data

So just add '$TTL 86400' as the first line of the file to quell those
warnings.

However, they *are* just warnings, saying that because you didn't provide an
explicit TTL, it decided to use the SOA minimum value instead (86400).

Brian.