[afnog] PIX VPN & Backup Link Issues

Banoba Ezra ebanoba at one2net.co.ug
Thu Feb 24 16:56:05 EAT 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 13:59 +0300, Bernard Wanyama wrote:
<SNIPPED>

> The question is, what is the easiest way of ensuring that traffic to
> my /29 subnet is routed back in case the primary link is down and I've
> engaged the backup link via ISP B.

I think you would have to advertise your /29 prefix via both ISP A and
ISP B, and have/accept default routes with different weights to both
ISPs. That way, you would have both inbound and outbound failover.

> Remember that the /29 was obtained from ISP A. I also do not want to
> run BGP just yet.

I'm Not sure how you would have inbound failover without peering with
both providers.

Is this /29 part of a larger IP block 'owned by' ISP A?

Regards,
Ezra.
--
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit,
call it the target.