[afnog] Dns Reverse Delegation

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Feb 4 19:36:05 EAT 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 07:36:43PM +0100, Joe Ndidi Onwubuya wrote:

>    Brian,
>    Find below the corrections sent to [1]auto-dbm at ripe.net.
>    I have done all the corrections suggested in afnog mailing
>
>    list, But i still did not get a reply from ripe.
>

>    Please any suggestion on the way forward?

My suggestion remains exactly as it was before: you must trace the mail
through your logs. That is, look for a mail whose destination is
auto-dbm at ripe.net in your mailer logs. Use the message ID to check for other
log entries referring to the same message - was the message delivered
successfully? Was it temporarily rejected? If so, what rejection message did
the remote mailer give? Is the message still on your queue?

Also, check in your mailer logs to see what the envelope sender was for the
message, and in turn check that that's a valid E-mail address.

If you are sending out mails with an invalid envelope sender, then you will
never receive any bounces.