[afnog] RIPE in-addr help

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Feb 3 10:25:37 EAT 2005

while your diagnosis of the bug with dns2.library.ucla.edu is
correct, and i have passed it on to the folk at library.ucla.edu,
thank you very much

> The problem with these tools is that they can give you a smug
> sense of self-satisfaction that all is OK with your domain, when
> actually there are underlying problems that they've missed.

this statement is a bit too broad.  you are using doc to check the
psg.com zone.  the psg.com zone is indeed correct.  one of the
zones with servers which serve psg.com is itself incorrect.  but i
don't think we want doc to test the transitive closure of foo.bar
as that is likely to be most of the dns.

randy