[afnog] RIPE in-addr help (was: Help!!!)

Geert Jan de Groot geertj at nsrc.org
Wed Feb 2 14:15:11 EAT 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:29:52 +0100  "Joe Ndidi Onwubuya" wrote:
> I have sent a domain object to auto-dbm at ripe.net, but have not gotten reply
> yet.
> Do i go ahead and contact RIPE robot and request delegation or wait for a
> response from ripe?
> If i should go ahead to contact RIPE robot, what are the procedures.

Apart from fixing your DNS zones, which has been discussed
on the mailing list directly, there's the issue of sending it
to the robot at RIPE.

Send your templates to auto-dbm and you should have received
a response nearly instantly. You indicated that you didn't get
any response. Is that still the case?

I believe someone from RIPE has contacted you directly on your
earlier request for help. If you didn't get a response, let me know.

I do note, that you list 3 nameservers for your domain cybaaspace.net:

cybaaspace.net      	NS	ns.skannet.com
cybaaspace.net      	NS	ns.cybaaspace.net
cybaaspace.net      	NS	ns1.cybaaspace.net

However, ns.skannet.com is not authoritive for your zone.
Sunday, can you have a look please?

All in all, it _should_ be swift and automatic but I believe there
are a number of errors making things difficult. Let me know how it goes.

Geert Jan

PS: http://www.ripe.net/reverse/reverse_howto.html may be useful, too.