[afnog] thanks NSRC - Re: consignee details:- Re: supplier for Sun Ultra 1 workstation power supply

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon Dec 12 16:24:36 EAT 2005

All,

I would like to thank Steven G. Huter and the folks at NSRC for coming to our rescue
when we lost a power supply for our Sun Ultra 1 machine. We received the power
supply today via DHL and we have brought up the old machine, managed to back up the
latest data and to continue our AAA services more securely. Thanks guys and keep it
up.

Although this Sun Ultra 1 machine has been reliably up since 1999 and running
literaly 24/7 running our AAA services, it now seems like it is time to move on to a
more current platform and we are seriously considering moving to an Intel platform.
We may therefore come back to this Afnog community to discuss any issues that may
arise or share lessons.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda