[afnog] G Mirror Configuration

Phil Regnauld regnauld at x0.dk
Mon Aug 22 14:04:03 EAT 2005

	Please remember to Cc: the Afnog list -- this kind of question
	is of general interest.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 10:28:34AM +0000, Musa.E.A.Kijera wrote:
> What am trying to do is like this .  Disk1  and Disk2   are my primary
> disks that are containing my files  , and I want to mirror   disk1  on
> disk3     and disk2  on disk4  so that  I will have two copies of all my
> files .
>

>    disk1                 disk2                    disk3             disk4
>    \      /                  \      /                    \
> /             \      /
>      p1                     p2                        m1                 m2

	Hmm, the ASCII diagram got damaged in the transport.

	I'll have to try and guess.

	If I understand correctly, what you need to do is something
	like described in the manpage:

	(this will not work if you are trying to mirror a mounted partition,
	for example the disk containing the partition you booted from).

	gmirror label -v -b round-robin mirror1 /dev/disk1
	gmirror insert mirror /dev/disk2
	gmirror label -v -b round-robin mirror2 /dev/disk3
	gmirror insert mirror /dev/disk4

	... or something similar.

	But you need to also send what you are trying, so we can see what
	you are (possibly) doing wrong.

	Phil