[afnog] Need Help - grep: /proc/cmdline: no such file ordirectory

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Wed Aug 17 18:10:54 EAT 2005

> Reading Emmanuels mail I assumed he had already been thru the
> recovery/rescue
> stuff see extract of the mail below

Rereading, yes it does appear so. I wasn't thinking about the
automated program though. :-) I was thinking manual, if possible.

> How would you go about re-creating the proc filesystem after
> booting from a
> rescue cd/boot cd with "linux rescue", chroot /mnt/sysimage, etc etc.

If /proc and all the other pieces are in place, you should be able
to 'mount /proc' and run with it. Mounting proc manually without the mntab
entry looks like 'mount /proc -o proc rw -t proc' (IIRC).

The pieces I have:

/etc/fstab

none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0

/etc/mntab

none /proc proc rw 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs rw 0 0

-M<