[afnog] DNS zone transfer

Antonio Godinho antonio at nambu.uem.mz
Thu Aug 11 21:36:56 EAT 2005

In a server with bind 8 which is working for the same purpose I get the
following answer when running the command dig:

;; Received 2 answers (1676 records).
;; FROM: ns.foo.bar to SERVER: ns2.foo.bar
;; WHEN: Thu Aug 11 20:45:53 2005

then when running the same command against itself (the bind 8 server, which
is also a secondary for the same domains) I get:

;; Received 2097 answers (2097 records).
;; FROM: ns.foo.bar to SERVER: 127.0.0.1
;; WHEN: Thu Aug 11 20:48:26 2005

Look at the diff in number of records!

Cheers,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:14:53 +0100, Brian Candler wrote

--
Antonio Godinho
B.Sc.,MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP