[afnog] postfix problem

Bernard Wanyama bwanyama at linuxsolutions.co.ug
Thu Apr 14 14:30:16 EAT 2005

Hi,

Could be an issue with the mydestination parameter or your MX records.

Let's have a look at your main.cf file.

Kind regards,

Bernard

> Hello Afnog,
> I am new to postfix so what I may be asking might be very trivial to
you, but please help me.

> I have an installed a new smtp server running postfix. I can send
mail to any domain and the server is able
> to relay properly. This new server's hostname is aaa.bbb.ccc.mw
where our domain is bbb.ccc.mw. when I
> send mail to user at bbb.ccc.mw I am able to get it on another server
xxx.bbb.ccc.mw which is fine. But
> when I send mail to user at aaa.bbb.ccc.mw I expect to see it
delivering that mail locally whish is not the
> case. It sends the mail to xxx which is sent back to aaa until
maximum number of hops have reached on
> the other server.
>
> How do I make mail sent to user at aaa.bbb.ccc.mw be local while the
rest are relayed via smtp. I have tried