[afnog] postfix problem

David Chima david at sdnp.org.mw
Wed Apr 13 13:26:51 EAT 2005

Hello Afnog,
I am new to postfix so what I may be asking might be very trivial to you, but please help me.

I have an installed a new smtp server running postfix. I can send mail to any domain and the server is able
to relay properly. This new server's hostname is aaa.bbb.ccc.mw where our domain is bbb.ccc.mw. when I
send mail to user at bbb.ccc.mw I am able to get it on another server xxx.bbb.ccc.mw which is fine. But
when I send mail to user at aaa.bbb.ccc.mw I expect to see it delivering that mail locally whish is not the
case. It sends the mail to xxx which is sent back to aaa until maximum number of hops have reached on
the other server.

How do I make mail sent to user at aaa.bbb.ccc.mw be local while the rest are relayed via smtp. I have tried
to put that aaa.bbb.ccc.mw in the mydestination file, virtual_maps but didn't work.

Regards

David