[afnog] exim installation prob

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Apr 12 10:38:37 EAT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:34:50AM +0200, Franois wrote:
>    I'm installing exim 4.5 on Red hat 9 using db-4.1.25 for libraries .
>    After building and installing exim, the message is "building
>    successfully" but it not create exim repertory.

What exactly do you mean by "exim repertory"?

If you do 'make install' you should find you have
  /usr/exim/bin/exim   [plus a bunch of other bits]
  /usr/exim/configure

unless you told it to install into a different location.

Do these files not exist? If not, show us the output of 'make install'

If they do exist - then exim was installed successfully.