[afnog] Connection dropped by imap server

Julius Kidubuka juki at one2net.co.ug
Tue Apr 12 07:56:59 EAT 2005

Hi all,

I am having some issues with courier-imap;

1. Using squirrelmail, I am able to log into my e-mail account but instead
of viewing the contents of my inbox, I get the error, "Connection dropped
by imap-server."

2. I can't pop mail using M$ Outlook due to an invalid username or
password. I am very certain about these details coz I am able to use the
same for logging into the e-mail account via squirrelmail.

Note: I am running FreeBSD 4.x with the courier version packages as follows;

courier-authlib-0.55_1
courier-imap-4.0.2

Ideas on how to go about this will be highly appreciated.

Rgds,
Juki.