[afnog] Re: [afrinic-discuss]AfriNIC now officially a fully fledged RIR!

Adiel A. AKPLOGAN adiel at afrinic.net
Fri Apr 8 16:48:23 EAT 2005

Hello All,

Yes it happened just few minutes ago! Africa has its registry!
As I said it few minutes ago, we can not celebrate this great
moment without expressing our thanks to the pioneers of this
project who worked on the very first proposal in 1997 i will
name Nii Quaynor, Alan Barett, Nashwa Abdel-Baki and Sana
Belamine and Randy Bush. We can tell them today that we make
their dream a reality.

I will also thank everyone who all along this process work to
support it in various way. I will particularly thank my staff,
AfriNIC board and the NRO for their support.

We now have to show to the rest of the community that having
our registry is not the end, but we have to work to make Africa
fully part of the Internet Technical coordination system...so
the work is still ahead and I'm confident that it will be
done.

Congratulation AfriNIC, Congratulation Africa!

Adiel A. Akplogan
CEO, AfriNIC
www.afrinic.net
See you at AfriNIC-2 and AfNOG 2005