[afnog] Licensed Frequency radio with point to multipoint facilities

Mamoudou Keita mkeita at unicef.org
Wed Sep 1 11:04:30 EAT 2004

Hi ! Mensah,

Radio communication is very sensitive. So getting licensed  frequency can
be thoughtful as some time regulator think it's National Security concern.

You can just let them know clearly what type of communication you are
looking for, as this range of frequence for wireless is  well know by your
regulatory.
If you are using Internet access trough Wireless (point to multipoint).
You must  specified the nature of equipment on your network,  the coverage
and distance (short or long distance).

From these information your regulatory will certainly give you
authorization to use your network with licensed frequency.

Thanks

Mamoudou KEITA
Assistant IT&Telecom  Officer
Operation/IT&Telecom Unit

UNICEF
BP. 222
Republique de Guinee
Conakry

Téléphone :   (+224)  22.87.46/47/(+377.47)  66.34.10
Fax :                (+224) 43 14 22
SatFax :          (+874) 762.708.086
Mobile :          012 66.25.15
E-mail :           mkeita at unicef.org
Web :              www.unicef.org
_______________________________

Pour chaque enfant
Santé, Éducation, Égalité, Protection
FAISONS AVANCER L’HUMANITÉ

                      "Mensah K. Agbessitse"
                      <mensah.agbessitse at gst         To:      <afnog at afnog.org>
                      elecom.net>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject: [afnog]     Licensed Frequency radio with point to multipoint facilities
                      afnog-bounces at afnog.or

                      08/31/2004 08:31 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Mensah K. Agbessitse"

Hi All,

I am looking for a Licensed frequency radios with point to multipoint
feactures. I searched on the internet and could not get point to multipoint
feactures.  I only get point to point feactures. That is why I have decided
to find out from the group if someone know about this and can direct me to
a web site.

Thank You.

Bruno.

=====================================
IT Engineer
GS Telecom Africa Limited
No. 1, Thorburn Houses, Barnes Road
P.O. Box CT2920, Accra
Tel: +233 21 701 0015
Fax: +233 21 701 0456
Mobile : +233 244 312978 / +233 244 279 596)
E-mail : mensah.agbessitse at gstelecom.net
afnog mailing list
afnog at afnog.org