Fwd: [afnog] Re: Request for input: The WorkingGrouponInternetGovernance

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Thu Nov 18 23:48:24 EAT 2004

Hi,

Very nicely put, is this the kiss you were looking for Badru?

my 2c...

In my past decade of experiences working with the people that
participate in this policy making activity:
some are often under-qualified and do it as part of 'the job',
some are often passionate and do it because they want to and they care
to.

I do not mean that the former do not care about their career, the
concern is that their organisation may come before the open knowledge
and sharing intentions of the latter. There can be a good mix, the
concern I have is that only some are 'invited' to the ITU decision
making, anyone on this list can be involved in ICANN (and related RIR
and tld) decision making just if they want to.

Sincerely,

Alan

Begin forwarded message: