FW: [afnog] Re: Request for input: The Working GrouponInternetGovernance

Robert.Shaw at itu.int Robert.Shaw at itu.int
Thu Nov 18 21:51:38 EAT 2004

huh? who said that? why do you think we have independent
regulators (like PTS in Sweden) - they're the ones who need
to look after/manage competition in the market. ISPs are not a cottage
industry anymore (Bredbandsbolaget entering TeliaSonera's fixed line
market in your home country being one fine example)... And there is
ample empirical evidence that calling yourself an ISP doesn't magically
prevent you from exercising egregious market behaviour. That's why we
have regulators and concepts (at least in the EU) of things like SMP.

--RS