[afnog] Re: Request for input: The Working Group on InternetGovernance

Adiel A. AKPLOGAN adiel at akplogan.com
Wed Nov 17 11:53:33 EAT 2004

> > >     You sure you're not talking about ICANN ?
> >
> > why do you suspect ICANN is this thread ?
>
>         It was humor (ICANN is not known for its efficient use of resources
>         and quick decision making).

But ICANN doesn't make standard, it is IETF which does!

** Coming back to ITU and Internet, if in Africa (case I know well)
we relied on ITU (back to the earlier stage - 1995) I think Internet
will not be what it is today in ou region! Just look at what Telco
Internet Infrastructure and Service look like compare to private
ISP's one (despite their day to day struggle).

- a.