[afnog] Re: AfNOG 2005 - Swaziland

Adiel A. AKPLOGAN adiel at akplogan.com
Sun May 16 18:30:57 EAT 2004

>2006
>
>lets take it step by step, from lessons learnt I think it's good we have
>started dialogue on 2005 now.  So Lets get all interested parties speak
>out now and this time we will need to work closer with all potential
>bidders to actually help them understand what they are puting themselves into.
>
>I would even like to go as far as suggesting that if they are present in
>Dakar we actually have a small group meeting whereby we go through the
>spreadsheets, organisations and expectations to avoid nasty surprises for
>both potential hosts and administration.

I 100% agree with you. they have to be present as always 'requested', at
least at two AfNOG meetings prior to the one they want to host.

Furthermore i think AfNOG is really mature enought to have a very formal
organizational structure and  let people know exactly who they must deal
with and who is responsible of what... and when! A very clear hosting
process should be design and followed ... without that we will be facing
the same problem every year...

- a.