[afnog] Reminder - RIPE NCC Regional Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya 28-30 July 2004

Membership Liaison Officer contact at ripe.net
Wed Jun 30 14:57:25 EAT 2004

[Apologies for duplicate emails]

Dear Colleague,

We would like to remind you that the RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in Nairobi
will be held 28 - 30 July 2004 at the Norfolk Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.

Attendance to the RIPE NCC Regional Meeting is open and free of charge.
However, attendees are responsible to cover their own travel and
accommodation costs.
Conference attendees will include RIPE NCC members, industry partners,
government
representatives and regulators with particular interest in wide area IP
networking.
If your organisation wishes to provide a presentation or suggest a relevant
topic,
or if you have any questions, please send an email to:

<contact at ripe.net>

REGISTRATION

To register, please see:
http://www.ripe.net/cgi-bin/nairobi-reg

Please note that registration closes on 19 July 2004.

AGENDA

The Regional Meeting draft agenda has been updated and can be found at:
http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/regional-meetings/nairobi-2004/agenda.html

Agenda points and discussion topics include:

* AfriNIC - The emerging RIR;
* Peering and Exchange Points;
* Are we running out of IPv4 address space?;
* An update on IPv6;
* The industry self-regulatory open structures and processes used by the
    RIPE NCC and the global Internet community;
* How to participate in and influence IP address management policy-making;
* Domain Name management on the Internet;
* Root Server Operations.

MORE INFORMATION