[afnog] Re: AOL rejecting hosts with no rDNS?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Jun 29 20:53:48 EAT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 08:56:44AM +0100,
 Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote
 a message of 82 lines which said:

> I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who think that SPF is a
> stupid idea, but even if I decide not to implement it, people who
> *do* implement it will break my mail. That's just incredibly
> impolite.

Said in another way, we need to be prepared to LMAP protocols, wether
SPF or a close cousin. Like it or not, I'm fairly certain that most
MTA will perform LMAP checks in a few years. Better for all network
engineers to prepare for it in advance.