[afnog] Re: AOL rejecting hosts with no rDNS?

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Jun 29 15:49:57 EAT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 09:44:57AM +0000, ALAIN PATRICK AINA wrote:
> > > SFP stands a change of reducing joe jobs.
> >
> > It would only start to have a visible impact if it were to reach >90%
> > coverage of ISPs and domains.
>
> And so we are working to solve  the problem(2). This is not always clearly
> pointed out.

SPF is a poor solution for this particular problem (joe jobs):

(1) because implementing it on *your* server delivers almost no immediate
benefit to yourself. It delivers a small amount of benefit to the rest of
the Internet. You are reliant on everyone else implementing it before it
works.

(2) because it doesn't validate the LHS of the address at all (so you can
still send joe jobs to someone else at the same domain)

(3) because it breaks forwarding