[afnog] RIPE NCC Regional Meeting, Nairobi 28-30 July 2004

Michuki Mwangi michuki at kenic.or.ke
Fri Jun 18 10:15:56 EAT 2004

[Apologies to those of you who have received this post from other fora.]

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the RIPE Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC), I would like
to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to you and your colleagues
to attend the RIPE NCC Regional Meeting, Nairobi to be held from 28-30 July
2004 at the Norfolk Hotel.

Attendance to the RIPE NCC Regional Meeting is open and free of charge.
However, attendees are responsible for covering their own travel and
accommodation costs. Conference attendees will include RIPE NCC members,
industry partners, government representatives and regulators with
particular interest in wide area IP networking.

To register, please see:

http://www.ripe.net/cgi-bin/nairobi-reg

The RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in Nairobi will focus on Internet Resource
management issues specific to your region, including:

- The industry self-regulatory open structures and processes used by the
RIPE NCC and the global Internet community;
- How to participate in and influence IP address management policy-making;
- AfriNIC - The emerging RIR;
- Peering and Exchange Points;
- Are we running out of IPv4 address space?;
- An update on IPv6;
- Domain Name management on the Internet;
- Root Server Operations.

The draft agenda and registration details for the Regional Meeting can be
found at:

http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/regional-meetings/nairobi-2004/agenda.html

I trust that you will find the discussions and tutorials on Internet
Resource allocation and management in your region relevant to your
work. If your organisation wishes to provide a presentation or suggest a
relevant topic, please send your proposal by email to:

      <contact at ripe.net>

Please find below a questionnaire designed to help us to focus
the agenda on Internet resource issues relevant to your region. We would
appreciate it if you could complete these questions and send your response
back via email.