[afnog] Re: Help

Patrick J Okui pokui at one2net.co.ug
Wed Aug 25 22:14:36 EAT 2004

Emmanuel Togo said:
> Hi Patrick,
> Thank you very much for the information. I followed this site earlier on
> but
> the cannot link to the mysql database. I don't know what went wrong in my
> courier-imap and mysql installation and also  Local/Makefile (for exim)
> configuration. if you could highlight on it for me. Thanks again.

I can't really help until you tell me what error you got and where you got
it,e.g did exim compile? if not did you compile exim with the correct
options uncommented? if it did, did you put a line similar to:

hide mysql_servers = localhost/DATABASE_NAME/USERNAME/PASSWORD

substituting as necessary? Does exim run? what does it print to the
mainlog and/or panic logs if relevant?