[afnog] Antivirus for Linux mail server

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Mon Aug 16 17:49:59 EAT 2004

David Chima wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for a good antivirus for Redhat linux mail server to
> replace Rav whose licence expires next month. I am running sendmail
> 8.12.8. Any suggestions.

Hello David:
	Clam AV or Sophos seem to be the consensus antivirus
solutions under Linux these days. For some mainstream press
here's a recent article about Open Source and antiviral
tools, including a review of Clam AV:

I thought the review was a bit lacking. And, Linux Journal
seems to like Clam AV for their Editor's Choice awards:

http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7564

I would definitely look in to Sophos. Here's the link to the
main Sophos antivirus product page:

http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

Good luck.

- Hervey Allen